Introduction Post! :D

 Hi, and welcome to my blog for the ART F200X course!

  My name is Luanne Velasco, and I currently live on campus as a full-time student. Prior to this academic year, I worked at a childcare facility for a little over a year as a lead-teacher, a summer counselor, and this summer as a lead summer group teacher. (The ages ranged from 3 to 12 years old) When I do get some free time, I enjoy reading various kinds of books, being outside nature, and playing tennis with my friends. 


   If I were to describe my relationship with art, I would say it is pretty minimal, as I feel that it does interest me but I do not partake in making my own works.  I do love looking at different individual’s works, as I can appreciate their approaches with their style and ideas, and try to comprehend the meaning. Personally, I am quite a fan of impressionism, and although I’m not quite an artist, I do enjoy painting, watercolouring, and doodling occasionally.


    The artwork I have attached is The Thames below Westminster by Claude Monet. I discovered this painting when I had to recreate it with oil pastels for my high school art course’s final, and I just love the ambiance and simplicity.



Monet, Claude. The Thames below Westminster. 1871. National Portrait Gallery, London. The National Gallery, https://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/paintings/claude-monet-the-thames-below-westminster

Comments

  1. hi! i also love impressionism and Claude Monet is one of my favorite artists! you have great taste

    ReplyDelete
  2. I relate to not having a strong connection to art, but I'm glad there's always some aspect to be able to appreciate about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Claude Monet impressionism painting is very detailed and reflecting a unique scenic point of view. It is astonishing impression of Monet's landscape viewing. I am interested in and look forward to seeing more impression art pieces, for they are unique and real.

      Delete

Post a Comment